The fenestrated graft is
specially designed for use
above the renal arteries.
Photo credit: Cook Medical
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is one of the 13 hospitals in the United States offering endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repairs using a fenestrated stent graft. Where patients would previously require open aneurysm surgery and weeks of recovery time, they can now have a two to three day recovery time with fewer potential complications.
What you need to know
- The fenestrated abdominal aortic aneurysm graft is the only FDA-approved endovascular stent graft that can be used above the renal arteries.
- Each stent graft is personalized to fit the size of each patient's aorta.
- Using the endovascular graft significantly lowers recovery time — from weeks to days.
- Dr. James Black is one of only a few dozen surgeons in the United States who perform this procedure.
- Learn more about abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Read more about endovascular aneurysm repair.
- Meet our team of physicians and surgeons.
- Watch a testimonial from the first patient at Johns Hopkins, and in the mid-Atlantic region, to have an abdonimal aortic aneurysm repaired with the fenestrated endovascular graft.
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms at Johns Hopkins
Abdominal aortic aneurysm surgeries,
including the fenestrated stent graft
surgery, occur within the state-of-the-art
Sheikh Zayed Tower.
Abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery is performed in the Sheikh Zayed Tower. This state-of-the-art building gives patients access to the latest technology and high quality patient care. Find out more about this healing environment.
The vascular surgeons at Johns Hopkins are committed to caring for the overall health of their patients, not just treating diseases. The surgeons work to ensure that patients receive faster recovery times, better quality of life, and better outcomes. “Johns Hopkins physicians truly care about their patients as people, and that’s something that we’re most proud of,” says Chief of Vascular Surgery Bruce Perler, MD, MBA.
Fenestrated Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair
About Abdominal Aortic and Thoracic Aneurysms
|Minimally Invasive Surgery for Aortic Aneurysms||Abdominal and Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Treatment: Open Surgery|
For more information on the fenestrated abdominal aortic aneurysm graft, please call 443-997-0270.