|View Coronary CT Angiography Brochure|
Who is the ideal candidate for coronary CT angiography?
- Symptomatic patients with a low to intermediate probability of obstructive CAD
- Patients over 40 with atypical chest pain and equivocal stress test findings
- Patients who are at a high risk of undergoing cardiac catheterization
Why order coronary CT angiography?
- To rule out obstructive coronary artery disease in an intermediate-risk patient
- Sensitivity and specificity in detecting obstructive CAD is superior to any other noninvasive testing
- Only test that can non-invasively define both calcified and non-calcified plaque
- Excellent ability to assess complex, anomalous and bypass-graft anatomy
- In 10 minutes your patient can have a calcium score and complete evaluation of the coronary arteries
Outpatient prep is simple:
- Oral beta blocker (50-100 mg metoprolol) taken one hour before test
- No caffeine or stimulants
- Goal heart rate = 65 or below
Talk to your cardiologist about coronary CT angiography.
If you are a referring physician, call 443-997-0270 to schedule coronary CT angiography today.