Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Topics of Interest
Read about the cardiovascular topics that matter most to women
The Women’s Cardiovascular Health Center focuses on the most timely and essential issues and conditions. And so do these articles. Learn more about:
- 5 Heart Health Mistakes Made by Men—and How to Avoid Them
- 6 Heart Health Mistakes Made by Women—and How to Avoid Them
- Anxiety and heart disease
- Assessing cardiovascular risk with C-reactive protein
- Depression and heart disease
- Diagnosing and treating peripheral arterial disease
- Exercise and the heart
- Heart attack symptoms: differences in men and women
- Menopause and the cardiovascular system
- Peripartum cardiomyopathy
- Risks and benefits of new imaging tests
- Vitamin D and the heart
- Weight loss and diet
- When to evaluate heart palpitations
- What are platelets and why are they important?
- When to evaluate heart murmurs
- Why is diabetes a cardiac problem in women?