Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Support Services and Counseling
At the Johns Hopkins Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service, our goal is to treat the whole patient, not just her cancer. We recognize that cancer affects a woman’s entire life and family. This is why our team of experts works together to develop a personalized care plan for every patient. Along with medical treatments, we offer a range of complementary care options, including holistic and mental health services for patients and their families.
- Nutrition: Our registered dietician Mary-Eve Brown can work with you to design an eating plan before, during and after your treatment.
- Image Recovery: This area of care focuses on self-image and how to protect yourself after chemotherapy and radiation.
- Exercise and Fitness: The Johns Hopkins Cancer Rehabilitation Program offers outpatient physical therapy to help with fatigue, joint stiffness, weakness and more.
- Acupuncture: This ancient form of Chinese medicine has helped cancer patients cope with nausea, fatigue, anxiety and depression. Learn more
- Palliative Care: Palliative care can alleviate pain, fatigue, sleeplessness, depression and more. This type of care can be helpful through all stages of treatment. Learn more about our Pain and Palliative Care Program.
- Massage: The Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine and Digestive Center has an oncology massage program that tends to the needs of both patients and caregivers.
- Arts Programs: Many patients have benefited from the Art of Healing series, which showcases professional performances from local artists and students.
Counseling and Emotional Support
In addition to meeting with our team of dedicated social workers, many patients benefit from the additional support services from the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, including:
- Cancer Counseling Center
- Spiritual and pastoral care (all denominations)
- Legal and financial counseling
- Living with Cancer Resource Program (monthly programs and events)