At the Johns Hopkins Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service, our goal is to treat the whole patient. We provide a team of multidisciplinary specialists with nationally recognized experience in diagnosing and treating cancers of the female reproductive tract. And we recognize that cancer can devastate a woman’s entire life and family, not just her health.
Holistic care at JH may include:
- Herbal medicine/herbologist
- Image recovery- how a woman feels on the outside, how to protect yourself after chemo/radiation/ wig cutting,
- Psychological services- licensed clinical social worker
- Spiritual support for all denominations
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and needs
- Financial counseling
Further, our goal is to provide multidisciplinary care, from diagnosis to treatment to monitoring for recurrence. Women treated early by a gynecological oncologist have twice the survival rates of those not treated by a cancer specialist. That is why we encourage our patients to seek our care from the beginning.