Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service
The Johns Hopkins Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service is a world leader in surgery and oncology care for women diagnosed with gynecologic cancer. Our approach and care philosophy is to treat the whole patient, not just her cancer, and to focus on innovative treatments and surgical approaches, like robotic surgery, single-site laparoscopy, sentinel lymph node procedures and radical debulking surgery. In addition, we possess clinical expertise in preventive oncology, helping women who are at high risk for ovarian, uterine and other gynecologic cancers, and in the surgical management of complex benign gynecologic conditions, including fibroids, ovarian masses and cysts.
Request an Appointment:
Working closely with the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service offers a leading team of world-renowned surgeons and skilled, compassionate cancer experts. We understand that a new cancer diagnosis can be a stressful time for you and your loved ones. Our goal is to support you on your journey to wellness and survivorship through our exceptional clinical expertise, cutting-edge treatments, and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care.
Conditions We Treat
Find out more about the reproductive tract cancers and benign gynecologic conditions we treat.
Your Care Team
Meet the expert doctors, nurses and support staff of the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service.
Research, Safety and Quality
Explore the latest research and innovations in safety and quality from our gynecologic oncology team.
News and Events
Save the Date for the 2017 Gynecologic Oncology Cancer Awareness and Survivorship Conference
— Our third Gynecologic Oncology Awareness and Survivorship Conference will take place on September 23, 2017 at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. Lillie D. Shockney, R.N., B.S., M.A.S., administrative director of Johns Hopkins Cancer Survivorship Programs, will be the featured keynote speaker. We look forward to seeing you there!
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics’ HCAHPS Scores Among the Highest in the Nation
—The HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) survey is given each year at hospitals around the country to ensure patient satisfaction. We are proud to announce that the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service and the Johns Hopkins Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics have HCAHPS scores ranking among the highest in the nation.
Below the Belt Stride and Thrive 5K Race
Thank you to everyone who participated in our inaugural Below the Belt Stride and Thrive event in May 2016. Over 700 runners registered for the race, and more than $100,000 was raised to help support research and educational efforts at Johns Hopkins, including innovative gynecologic cancer trials and immune therapies, the Kelly Gynecologic Cancer Survivorship Center, and care and support groups for local cancer survivors. We look forward to seeing you at our 2017 race!
When: May 7, 2017
Where: Goucher College
Gynecologic oncologists have specialized training in surgical and medical oncology. They provide a multi-tiered, personalized approach to care using cutting-edge surgical care and clinical trials, as well as supporting the emotional and lifestyle changes that accompany cancer. At the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service, this approach includes:
- Prioritizing You and Your Care: At Johns Hopkins, we strive to see patients with a new cancer diagnosis within three to seven business days of referral. Additionally, if surgery or treatment is required, our appointment-to-surgery interval is approximately one to two weeks. For more information on how to make an appointment with a physician at the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service, please call 443-997-0400.
- Patient Satisfaction and Cancer Survival Rates Above the National Average: Our national patient satisfaction ratings reflect our position as one of the top-performing centers at Johns Hopkins. Additionally, studies show that women with gynecologic cancer who are treated by a gynecologic oncologist experience better survival than those not treated by a cancer specialist. With cancer survival outcomes above the national average, Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service specialists offer patients the opportunity to have an excellent quality of life and better survival outcomes.
- Ovarian Cancer Center of Excellence: The Johns Hopkins Ovarian Cancer Center of Excellence provides the best and most advanced care possible for our patients with ovarian, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancers. Through multidisciplinary clinical expertise and scientific discovery, our mission is to conquer ovarian cancer and improve the lives of women with this disease.
- Center for Rare Gynecologic Cancers: The Johns Hopkins Center for Rare Gynecologic Cancers is one of the leading programs in the nation in treatment and outcomes for women with uncommon tumor types, including low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma, clear cell and mucinous carcinoma of the ovary, uterine leiomyosarcoma, vulvar melanoma and other rare malignancies of the female reproductive tract. Learn about our state-of-the-art treatments, as well as our innovative research and clinical trials.
- The Kelly Gynecologic Cancer Survivorship Center: The Kelly Gynecologic Cancer Survivorship Center is one of the only survivorship programs in the nation to offer care exclusively for women diagnosed with gynecologic malignancies. Discover how we can provide you with an individualized survivorship care plan that will address side effects of cancer treatment and prioritize wellness and quality of life.
Learn More about the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service
Cervical Cancer | Ashley's Story
Ashley was diagnosed with a rare form of cervical cancer when she was 29 weeks pregnant with her first child. Watch and learn how experts at Johns Hopkins were able to save her life and the life of her unborn son.
Inside the Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship
As one of the strongest gynecologic oncology programs in the country, the F.J. Montz Fellowship has an excellent track record in training superb surgeons, gynecologic oncologists and clinician-scientists, many of whom have gone onto successful academic careers at prestigious universities around the country. Learn more about our program.