I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
2015 Gynecologic Cancer Survivorship Course
The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Sibley Memorial Hospital, together with Greater Baltimore Medical Center, invites you to attend the 2015 Gynecologic Cancer Survivorship Course. Registration fee includes breakfast, lunch and sessions about survivorship and cancer, sexual health and menopause and long-term treatment effects. The conference is open to gynecologic cancer survivors, family members and healthcare providers.
The Johns Hopkins Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service is one of the world leaders in oncology care for women with cancer of the female reproductive tract. Patients cared for by gynecologic oncologists have twice the survival rates of those not treated by a cancer specialist.
We recognize time as a major factor in our patients' care. This is why we offer rapid turnaround when it comes to getting patients into our specialists' offices, determining the course of treatment and starting a customized treatment plan.
We have a precise and goal-oriented approach to treatment. These steps include:
- Determining your treatment plan. Diagnosis is critical for determining an appropriate treatment plan. Our service is a unique gynecological oncology program with a dedicated gynecological pathologist service that identifies different forms of gynecological cancer.
We advocate a partnership approach between the patient and health care team to collectively evaluate the various treatment options and determine the most appropriate plan of care. Together, we consider the nature of the problem to be treated, the patient's general medical condition and the patient's goals and expectations.
- Delivering your treatment plan. Our team consists of specialized oncologists, support staff and an alternative healing modalities staff. Together, they treat the whole patient, and not just the cancer, which makes all the difference in the world. A team of experts comes together to review your specific needs and determine the most effective treatment plan.
- Evaluating your treatment plan. This collective team is a multidisciplinary group of world renowned physicians who rely on each other’s expertise and experience to not only create personalized treatment plans for each patient, but to also monitor care management.
- Supporting your recovery. Our patients are supported in their journey back to health in our warm and caring environment
The following cancers are treated by our team:
While breast cancer is not typically considered a gynecologic cancer, many women are concerned about the relationship between the diseases. The following links and papers provide information about breast cancer and gynecologic cancer risks:
- The Breast Center at Johns Hopkins
- Pregnancy following the treatment of Breast Cancer
- The Risk of Developing Gynecologic Cancer for Survivors of Breast Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancer Prevention for Women At Risk for Malignancy (WARM)
- Breast and Ovarian Surveillance Service (BOSS)
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.