I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Johns Hopkins Hospitalist Research Fellowship is one of two Hospitalist
Fellowship programs. Click to read a comparison of the two programs.
Johns Hopkins General Internal Medicine fellows who have academic interests in Hospital Medicine will have the opportunity to work with faculty in the Johns Hopkins Hospitalist Program in both clinical and non-clinical settings. The Hospitalist Unit and the Internal Medicine Comprehensive Consultation Service (directed by the Hospitalist group) serve as venues for teaching medical students and residents, and provide unique patient-care opportunities. Research projects related to Hospital Medicine are encouraged. Types of projects may include:
- Measuring, refining and improving coordination between primary care and hospital care
- Developing and testing strategies that use information technology (such as prompts in the electronic order-entry system) to improve safety and quality of care for hospitalized patients
- Participating in evidence-based systematic reviews and meta-analyses of conditions associated with hospital care
- Studying behavioral medicine, physician-patient communication and ethics in the setting of hospital care
- Investigating the clinical epidemiology of cardiovascular disease in hospitalized patients.
Fellows who choose to pursue Hospital Medicine research projects will receive mentorship not only from Hospitalist faculty, but also from other faculty mentors within the GIM Division who have expertise in epidemmiology, health services research or fields of public health.
Applicants interested in the Johns Hopkins Hospitalist Research Fellowship should specify this interest in the cover letter of the application for the General Internal Medicine Fellowship.
For more information, click to see the home page for Research Fellowships in GIM.