Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Sean X. Leng, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor Of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University at Bayview
- Aging and immunity
- Influenza immunization in frail older adults
- International collaborative development of geriatrics program
- General geriatric medicine
- Acute and subacute geriatrics care
- M.D.: Jiangi Medical College, the People's Republic of China
- Ph.D.: Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center, College Station, TX
- Internship/Residency: Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China and St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Leng SX, Erim E, McShine E, Bloom PA, and Kotler DP. Influence of medical illness on body composition and quality of life in geriatric outpatients: a pilot study. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2000; 48 (12):1737-38
- Leng SX, Chaves P, Koenig K, and Walston J. Serum IL-6 and hemoglobin as physiologic correlates in the geriatric syndrome of frailty. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2002; 50:1268-1271
- Leng SX, Cappola A, Anderson R, Blackman M, Koenig K, Yang H, Blair M, and Walston J. Serum levels of IGF-1 and DHEA-S and their relationships with serum IL-6 in the geriatric syndrome of frailty. Aging Clin. Exp. Res. 2004; 16:153-57
- Leng SX, Yang H, and Walston J. Decreased cell proliferation and altered cytokine production in frail older adults. Aging Clin. Exp. Res. 2004; 16:249-52
- Leng SX, Xue Q, Huang Y, Semba R, Chaves P, Bandeen-Roche K, Fried L, and Walston J. Total and differential white blood cell counts and their associations with circulating IL-6 levels in community-dwelling older women. J. Gerontol. Med. Sci. 2005; 60A:195-199
- Semba R, Margolick J, Leng SX, Walston J, Ricks M, and Fried LP. T cell subsets and mortality in older community-dwelling women. Exp. Gerontol. 2005; 40:81-87
- Schmaltz H, Fried LP, Xue Q, Walston J, Leng SX, and Semba R. Chronic cytomegalovirus infection and inflammation are associated with prevalent frailty among community-dwelling older women. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2005; 53:747-54
- Chaves P, Semba R, Leng SX, Woodman, R, Ferrucci L, Guralnik J, and Fried L. Anemia, cardiovascular disease, and frailty in community-dwelling older women: The Women’s Health and Aging Studies I and II. J Gerontol. Med. Sci. 2005; 60A: 729-35
- Leng SX, Xue Q, Huang Y, Ferrucci L, Fried L, and Walston J. Baseline total and specific differential white blood cell counts and 5-year all-cause mortality in community-dwelling older women. Exp Gerontol. 2005; 40:982-7
- Leng SX, Q Xue, J Tian, J Walston, and L Fried. Inflammation and frailty in older women. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2007; 55:864-71
- Leng SX, Y Huang, and L Fried. Frailty and molecular inflammation in older adults. Long-Term Care Interface 2007, 8:25-28.
- Leng SX, T Finucane, L Boult, L Zheng, and W Greenough. Case Report: Inadvertent self-healing in desperate times. Lancet 2007; 370:1458.
- Leng SX, X-P Tian, S Durso, G Lazarus, C Lu, EM Park, H Xie, L Kang, D Li, T Shen, and LP Fried. The aging population and development of geriatrics in China. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2008; 56:571-3
- De Fanis U, G Wang, N Fedarko, J Walston, V Casolaro, and SX Leng. T lymphocytes expressing chemokine receptor-5 and frailty in older adults. J. Am. Geri. Soc. (in press)
- Leng SX, JE McElhaney, DX Xie, NS Fedarko, and GA Kuchel. ELISA and multiplex technologies for cytokine measurement in inflammation and aging research J Gerontol. Med. Sci. (in press)