Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Sean X. Leng, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor Of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University at Bayview
- Aging and immunity
- Influenza immunization in frail older adults
- International collaborative development of geriatrics program
- General geriatric medicine
- Acute and subacute geriatrics care
- M.D.: Jiangi Medical College, the People's Republic of China
- Ph.D.: Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center, College Station, TX
- Internship/Residency: Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China and St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Leng SX, Erim E, McShine E, Bloom PA, and Kotler DP. Influence of medical illness on body composition and quality of life in geriatric outpatients: a pilot study. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2000; 48 (12):1737-38
- Leng SX, Chaves P, Koenig K, and Walston J. Serum IL-6 and hemoglobin as physiologic correlates in the geriatric syndrome of frailty. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2002; 50:1268-1271
- Leng SX, Cappola A, Anderson R, Blackman M, Koenig K, Yang H, Blair M, and Walston J. Serum levels of IGF-1 and DHEA-S and their relationships with serum IL-6 in the geriatric syndrome of frailty. Aging Clin. Exp. Res. 2004; 16:153-57
- Leng SX, Yang H, and Walston J. Decreased cell proliferation and altered cytokine production in frail older adults. Aging Clin. Exp. Res. 2004; 16:249-52
- Leng SX, Xue Q, Huang Y, Semba R, Chaves P, Bandeen-Roche K, Fried L, and Walston J. Total and differential white blood cell counts and their associations with circulating IL-6 levels in community-dwelling older women. J. Gerontol. Med. Sci. 2005; 60A:195-199
- Semba R, Margolick J, Leng SX, Walston J, Ricks M, and Fried LP. T cell subsets and mortality in older community-dwelling women. Exp. Gerontol. 2005; 40:81-87
- Schmaltz H, Fried LP, Xue Q, Walston J, Leng SX, and Semba R. Chronic cytomegalovirus infection and inflammation are associated with prevalent frailty among community-dwelling older women. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2005; 53:747-54
- Chaves P, Semba R, Leng SX, Woodman, R, Ferrucci L, Guralnik J, and Fried L. Anemia, cardiovascular disease, and frailty in community-dwelling older women: The Women’s Health and Aging Studies I and II. J Gerontol. Med. Sci. 2005; 60A: 729-35
- Leng SX, Xue Q, Huang Y, Ferrucci L, Fried L, and Walston J. Baseline total and specific differential white blood cell counts and 5-year all-cause mortality in community-dwelling older women. Exp Gerontol. 2005; 40:982-7
- Leng SX, Q Xue, J Tian, J Walston, and L Fried. Inflammation and frailty in older women. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2007; 55:864-71
- Leng SX, Y Huang, and L Fried. Frailty and molecular inflammation in older adults. Long-Term Care Interface 2007, 8:25-28.
- Leng SX, T Finucane, L Boult, L Zheng, and W Greenough. Case Report: Inadvertent self-healing in desperate times. Lancet 2007; 370:1458.
- Leng SX, X-P Tian, S Durso, G Lazarus, C Lu, EM Park, H Xie, L Kang, D Li, T Shen, and LP Fried. The aging population and development of geriatrics in China. J. Am. Geri. Soc. 2008; 56:571-3
- De Fanis U, G Wang, N Fedarko, J Walston, V Casolaro, and SX Leng. T lymphocytes expressing chemokine receptor-5 and frailty in older adults. J. Am. Geri. Soc. (in press)
- Leng SX, JE McElhaney, DX Xie, NS Fedarko, and GA Kuchel. ELISA and multiplex technologies for cytokine measurement in inflammation and aging research J Gerontol. Med. Sci. (in press)