I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Phone number: 410-955-8608
Research interests: Enteric nervous system
Clinical interests: Enteric nervous system-physiology and regeneration, remodeling of enteric neurovascular complex in inflammatory condition
Schools\degrees: Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
Training: Postdoctoral fellow, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Dr. Fu’s research objectives focus on the use of three-dimensional imaging techniques to generate 3-D microstructure, vasculature and innervation of intestinal and pancreatic tissues under normal and diseased conditions. The 3-D imaging technique is also used to study the enteric neural stem cells in situ.
- Fu YY and Tang SC. At the movies: 3-dimensional technology and gastrointestinal histology. Gastroenterology, 139(4): p1100-1105, 2010. PMID 20728448
- Fu YY, Lin CW, Enikolopov G, Sibley E, Chiang AS, and Tang SC. Microtome-free 3-dimensional confocal imaging method for visualization of mouse intestine with subcellular-level resolution. Gastroenterology. 137(2): p453-465, 2009. PMID 19447107
- Fu YY, Peng SJ, Lin HY, Pasricha PJ, and Tang SC. 3-D imaging and illustration of mouse intestinal neurovascular complex. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 304(1):G1-11, 2013. PMID 23086917
- Fu YY, Lu CH, Lin CW, Juang JH, Enikolopov G, Sibley E, Chiang AS,Tang SC. Three-dimensional optical method for integrated visualization of mouse islet microstructure and vascular network with subcellular-level resolution. Journal of Biomedical Optics. 15(4), Article Number: 046018 (9 pages), 2010. PMID 20799820
- Fu YY and Tang SC. Optical clearing facilitates integrated 3D visualization of mouse ileal microstructure and vascular network with high definition. Microvascular Research, 80(3):512-21, 2010. PMID 20600164
- Fu YY, Sibley E, and Tang SC. Transient cytochalasin-D treatment induces apically administrated rAAV2 across tight junctions for transduction of enterocytes. Journal of General Virology. 89: p3304-3308, 2008. PMID 19008386
- Tang SC, Fu YY, Lo WF, Hua TE, and Tuan HY. Vascular labeling of luminescent gold nanorods enables 3-D microscopy of mouse intestinal capillaries. ACS Nano, 4(10):6278-84, 2010. PMID 20886812
- Chiu YC, Hua TE, Fu YY, Pasricha PJ, and Tang SC. 3-D imaging and illustration of the perfusive mouse islet sympathetic innervation and its remodeling in injury. Diabetologia, 55(12):3252-61, 2012. PMID 22930160
- Yang WC, Huang YS, Chen YC, Fu YY, Tang SC, and Fu CC. Engineering a biomimetic villus array for in vitro three-dimensional culture of intestinal epithelial cells. IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 21(6):1418-1425. 2012.