Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
From international health to disaster response to cardiac and infectious disease our faculty are nationally and internationally-recognized leaders in Emergency Medicine. We are leaders in local and national medical organizations, editors and writers for leading textbooks and journals and advisors to organizations such as the Institute of Medicine, Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Homeland Security.
But we are also passionate about teaching emergency medicine to residents and students. We believe that the role model of a faculty member is a critical factor for a great training program. Therefore we are committed to hiring faculty at each of our EDs who are excellent clinicians, teachers and leaders. The residents contribute to faculty development by evaluating their performance on a regular basis. These evaluations help to ensure that our faculty are the best possible clinicians and teachers.
It is the diversity of our faculty that is a true strength of our program. Faculty careers vary from a purely clinically-based practice at Howard Country, to PhD and physician researchers with all career paths in between. Our research interests are broad, but focus on disasters, international health, infectious disease, tactical medicine and ED operations. Our off hours are spent on unique activities such as scuba-diving, backpacking, canyoneering, climbing, biking, martial arts, running, painting and photography.
- Bayram, Jamil, M.D., M.P.H., E.M.D.M., M.Ed.
- Bessman, Edward Stuart, M.D.
- Bord, Sharon P., M.D.
- Bright, Leah, D.O.
- Catlett, Christina, M.D.
- Chanmugam, Arjun, M.D., M.B.A.
- Dugas, Andrea, M.D.
- Epstein, Joshua, Ph.D.
- Fong, Tiffany C., M.D.
- Galetto, Giorgio, M.D.
- Hansoti, Bhakti, M.B.Ch.B., B.Sc., M.P.H.
- Heverling, Harry, M.D.
- Hill, Hugh Francis, J.D., M.D. III
- Hill, Peter, M.D., M.Sc., FACEP
- Hsieh, Yu-Hsiang, Ph.D.
- Hsu, Edbert, M.D., M.P.H.
- Irvin, Nathan Alex, M.D.
- Jenkins, J. Lee, M.D., M.Sc.
- Jung, Julianna, M.D.
- Kelen, Gabor D., M.D., FACEP, FAAEM, FRCP(C)
- Kirsch, Thomas, M.D., M.P.H.
- Klein, Eili, Ph.D.
- Korley, Frederick, M.D., Ph.D.
- Levin, Scott, Ph.D.
- Levy, Matthew, D.O., M.Sc.
- Linton, Robert, M.D., M.B.A., II
- Margolis, Asa, D.O., M.P.H.
- Mavunge, Ernest Shungu, M.D., M.Sc.
- Millin, Michael, M.D., M.P.H., FACEP
- Nair, Arun, M.D.
- Omron, Rodney, M.D., M.P.H.
- Pantle, Hardin Attwood, M.D.
- Peterson, Susan, M.D.
- Pham, Kiemanh, M.D., M.P.H.
- Razzak, Junaid, M.B.B.S., Ph.D.
- Regan, Linda, M.D.
- Rhyne, Randall Trenton, M.D.
- Rice, Julie, M.D.
- Rothman, Richard, M.D., Ph.D.
- Saheed, Mustapha, M.D.
- Sauer, Lauren, M.S.
- Scheulen, James, P.A., M.B.A.
- Shelton, Erica, M.D., M.P.H., M.H.S., FACEP
- Stewart de Ramirez, Sarah, M.D., M.P.H., M.Sc.
- Stolbach, Andrew I., M.D.
- Tang, Nelson, M.D.
- Vu, Alexander, D.O., M.P.H.
The Johns Hopkins Department of Emergency Medicine Residency Program