Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.
The Johns Hopkins University Emergency Medicine Residency is a Four Year Program. We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for PGY-1 match positions. We welcome allopathic, osteopathic and Canadian medical school applicants but require that you complete the USMLE EXAM Step 1. We accept no other board scores. International medical school graduates need to contact the ECFMG for application materials. Our program specific requirements are listed below.
The ERAS application
1. We begin reviewing completed applications after the Dean’s letter is released October 1.
2. Deadline for submitting applications is December 1.
3. We do not review incomplete applications after this date.
4. We notify candidates accepted for interviews by email.
5. Interviews will be scheduled between November 1 and January 31.
The interview day begins with a program overview by the Residency Directors. That is followed by Chairman's Hour, a lunch with the residents, a tour of The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and interviews with three faculty members. Your day will end around 4:30 p.m. You will be invited to attend an applicant reception with current residents the evening before your interview day.
The Johns Hopkins Department of Emergency Medicine Residency Program