Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Our fellowships offer trainees the opportunity to work in one of the oldest and most dynamic emergency medicine departments in the country. Fellows work and learn in a large urban hospital setting surrounded by some of the brightest medical minds in the country. In addition, they have access to a broad range of opportunities at the Johns Hopkins Medical Campus in Baltimore, including a wide range of seminars and courses at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Fellowship
The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) fellowship prepares highly qualified and motivated academic emergency physicians for leadership and medical oversight of pre- and out-of-hospital emergency care systems with advanced competencies in EMS system design, administration, and clinical care.
This fellowship is designed for medical professionals interested in a career in executive leadership.
This fellowship was established to train academic leaders in disaster preparedness and response.
International Emergency and Public Health
The goal of this fellowship is to ensure physicians interested in a career in global health develop expertise in public health and international emergency medicine.
This fellowship aims to ensure physicians develop knowledge and expertise in essential areas of medical education such as EM residency programs.
The goal of this fellowship is to produce innovative academic leaders in Acute Care Medicine.
Physician scientists will be trained in this program to become independent investigators ad nationally recognized leaders in emergency medicine.
This fellowship prepares emergency medicine physicians for leadership, field support and medical direction of law enforcement special operations and tactical medicine programs.
The goal of this fellowship is to train leaders and future ultrasound directors so they develop expert proficiency in EM ultrasound.
Fellowship Program Benefits
- Competitive salary above the PGY pay structure
- Paid membership to the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Malpractice Insurance
- Continuing medical education allowance of $500 per year
- One paid conference attendance per year, International fellows receive an additional stipend for an international conference attendance
- Certification in ACLS, ATLS and PALS
- Access to departmental and university-wide library services, including online journals, databases, and medical informatics services
- Department provided laptop and dedicated work space