The Emergency Department entrance of The Johns Hopkins Hospital is located next to the front entrance of the hospital, located at 1800 Orleans Street.
Drop-Off Area: Patients and family members may be dropped off at the front entrance by using the easy to access front driveway of the main hospital.
Parking: Parking available for a fee at the Orleans Street Garage, located directly across from the hospital main entrance.
The Emergency Department has been designed to enhance every aspect of the patient-centered care experience. The clinical area features the latest technologies in health care to complement our world-class emergency physicians, nurses and other health care providers.
There is a covered ambulance bay area, accessed off Wolfe Street between East Monument Street and Orleans Street.
Features of our ER
- 67 private examination rooms for patients and their families
- Covered pedestrian footbridge from garage to new clinical buildings
- Drop off area out front for patients and family members
- Access to valet parking service
- Clean, comfortable, modern reception area
- Six trauma care rooms equipped with the latest medical technologies
- Expanded radiology suite with X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound
- Integrated Acute Care Unit
Learn more about The Johns Hopkins Hospital and The Promise of Medicine.