Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Our faculty members work on a wide range of challenging, innovative emergency medicine research and are widely published in some of the top professional annals and journals.
- See our research published in 2016
- See our research published in 2015
- See our research published in 2014
- See our research published in 2013
- See our research published in 2012
- See our research published in 2011
- See our research published in 2010
Featured Faculty Research
- Susan Peterson, M.D. and Linda Regan, M.D. published an important study in the Journal of Emergency Medicine describing challenges and opportunities for improvement in resident hand-offs.
- Michael Millin, M.D. and others published in the Journal of Prehospital Emergency Care supporting documentation on a position statement regarding" EMS Spinal Precautions and the Use of the Long Backboard."
Read the publication
- Eili Klein, Ph.D. and others have published a paper in the American Journal of Epidemiology on a study that shows MRSA strains have seasonal patterns.
See the Abstract
- Richard Rothman, M.D.. Ph.D., published a paper on study showing Google Flu Trends may be useful to Emergency Departments in planning for surge.
Read the paper
Residency Program Research Training
Research training is an important component of the emergency medicine residency program at Johns Hopkins University. All residents are taught basic research skills so that they can critically evaluate the results of published studies and use this knowledge to inform their clinical practice.
Featured Resident Research and Abstracts
- Redd, V. Abstract poster selected to be displayed at the "Gallery of Excellence" at the 2014 annual meeting of SAEM: Does Placement Of An MRI In The ED Increase Utilization And What Are The Downstream Effects?
See the poster
- Margolis AM, Heverling H, Pham PA, Stolbach A. A review of the toxicity of HIV medications. J Med Toxicol. 2013 Aug 21. Epub ahead of print
- Mareiniss DP. Could fear of malpractice contribute to ED crowding? Am J Emerg Med. 2013 Nov;31(11):1612-3
- Kilker BA, Holst JM, Hoffmann B. Bedside ocular ultrasound in the emergency department. Eur J Emerg Med. 2013 Aug 30. Epub ahead of print
- Holst JM, Kilker BA, Wright S, Hoffmann B. Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction:echocardiographic VALVE protocol for emergency physicians.Eur J Emerg Med. 2013 Dec 21
- Scordino D, Regan L Crazy Paving on Computed Tomography after Marijuana Use. J Emerg Med. 2014 Jan 21. pii: S0736-4679(13)01154-2.
- Balhara KS, Stolbach A. Marine envenomations. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2014 Feb;32(1):223-43
- Richard Rothman, M.D., Ph.D. is co-director of a team of Johns Hopkins researchers that was awarded an NIH grant to study influenza viruses on a global scale.
Read the media release