Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Michael Makowsky Publications
- Makowsky, M. D. (2012). Emergent Extremism in a Multi-Agent Model of Religious Clubs , 50(2), 327-347. doi:10.1111/j.1465-7295.2009.00262.x
- Makowsky, M. D. (2011). A theory of liberal churches. Mathematical Social Sciences, 61(1), 41-51. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mathsocsci.2010.10.001
- Makowsky, M. D. (2011). Religion, clubs, and emergent social divides. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 80(1), 74-87. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jebo.2011.02.012
- Makowsky, M. D., & Stratmann, T. (2009). Political economy at any speed: What determines traffic citations? The American Economic Review, 99(1), 509-527.
- Makowsky, M. D., & Wagner, R. E. (2009). From scholarly idea to budgetary institution: The emergence of cost-benefit analysis doi:http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102866
- Iannaccone, L.R., & Makowsky, M. D. (2007). Accidental atheists? agent-based explanations for the persistence of religious regionalism. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 46(1), 1-16.
- Levy, David M. and Makowsky, Michael D., Innovation, Price Dispersion, and Emergent Increasing Returns to Scale (August 9, 2007).
Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1006027 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1006027
- Makowsky, Michael (2006). ‘An Agent-Based Model of Mortality Shocks, Intergenerational Effects and Urban Crime’. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation 9(2)7
- The Determinants of Federal and State Enforcement of Workplace Safety Regulations: OSHA Inspections 1993-2010 (with Juergen Jung) Journal of Regulatory Economics, Forthcoming
- Increasing Returns to Scale, Price Dispersion, and the Distribution of Returns to Innovation (with David Levy) Macroeconomic Dynamics, Forthcoming
- Endogenous Group Formation through Unproductive Costs (with Jason Aimone, Laurence Iannaccone, and Jared Rubin) Review of Economic Studies, Forthcoming
- Political Costs and Fiscal Benefits: The Political Economy of Residential Property Value Assessment under Proposition 2 1/2 (with Shane Sanders) Economics Letters, Forthcoming
- More Tickets, Fewer Accidents: How Cash-Strapped Towns make for Safer Roads (with Thomas Stratmann) Journal of Law and Economics, November 2011 Volume 54, Issue 4