Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Departments of Anesthesiology/Critical Care Medicine, Cell Biology,
Biomedical Engineering, and Pediatrics
Cell and Molecular Medicine Program
Center for Cell Dynamics
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Bloomberg Children's Center 6318C
1800 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Society of Cell Biology
- Center for Inflammatory Disorders, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Association of University Anesthesiologists
- American Board of Pediatrics, Subspecialty Board, Critical Care Medicine-renewal
- Arauz P, Werbin J, Heinz W, Hoh J, Romer LH. Microelastic properties of lung cell-derived extracellular matrix. Acta Biomater, In Press, 2010.
- Soucy PA, Romer LH. Endothelial cell adhesion, signaling, and morphogenesis in fibroblast-derived matrix. Matrix Biol 28:273-283, 2009.
- Lemmon CA, Chen CS, Romer LH. Cell traction forces direct fibronectin matrix assembly. Biophys J. 96:729–738, 2009.
- Chang F, Lemmon CA, Park D, Romer LH. FAK potentiates Rac1 activation and localization to matrix adhesion sites: A role for betaPIX. Mol Biol Cell 18(1):253–64, 2007.
- Lemmon CA, Romer LH. Measuring patterns, regulation, and biologic consequences of cellular traction forces. Gravit Space Biol Bull 20(2):19–29, 2007.
- Romer LH, Birukov KG, Garcia JGN. The focal adhesion: paradigm for a signaling nexus. Circ Res 98:606–16, 2006.
- Rajfur Z, Roy P, Otey C, Romer LH, Jacobson KA. Chromophore-assisted laser inactivation (CALI) of EGFP fusion proteins: probing the connection between the stress fiber and the focal adhesion. Nat Cell Biol 4:286–93, 2002.
- Gilmore A, Romer LH. Inhibition of FAK signalling decreases cell motility and proliferation. Mol Biol Cell 7:1209–24, 1996.
- Romer LH, McLean NV, Turner CT, Burridge K. Tyrosine kinase activity and motility in endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell 5:349–61, 1994.
- Burridge K, Turner CE, Romer LH. Tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin and FAK in cell adhesion. J Cell Biol 119:893–904, 1992.
Laboratory Members/Key Associates
Patricia Arauz, BS - Graduate Student
Christopher Lemmon, MS - Graduate Student
Fumin Chang, PhD - Research Associate
Dan Berkowitz, MD (ACCM, Johns Hopkins University)
Chris Chen, PhD (Biomed Engineering, University of Pennsylvania)
Harold Erickson, PhD (Cell Biology & Biomedical Engineering, Duke University)
Kwang Sik Kim, MD, PhD (Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University)
Jan Hoh, PhD (Physiology, Johns Hopkins University)
Dongeun Park, PhD (Seoul University, South Korea)
Michael Schaller, PhD (Cell Biology, UNC)
- Senior International Fellowship, NIH Fogarty International Center (1999–2002)
- Michael Visiting Professorship, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel (1999)
- Physician's Recognition Award, American Medical Association (1998–2001)
- Jefferson-Pilot Fellowship Award (faculty research award), UNC SOM (1995)
- Davis Award, American Lung Association, NC Chapter (1994)
- UNC Chapel Hill nominee for competition for Pew Scholars Program (1992)
- Junior Faculty Development Award, UNC (1991)