Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
In the News
Press for Dr. Quiñones-Hinojosa:
- NPR: All Things Considered. Farmworker to Surgeon: Immigrant Lives Dream. May 6, 2007.
- NPR: The Diane Rehm Show. May 29, 2007.
- New England Journal of Medicine: Terra firma — a journey from migrant farm labor to neurosurgery. N Engl J Med. 2007 Aug 9;357(6):529-31.
- The New York Times. A Conversation With Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa: A Surgeon’s Path From Migrant Fields to Operating Room. May 13, 2008.
- NOVA: Science Now. Profile: Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa.
- Boston Globe. A difficult path to a dream doctor, mentor was illegal worker 12 hard years ago. September 26, 1999.
- Hispanic Business.com. Five named to Hispanic Scholarship Fund Hall of Fame. September 8, 2006.
- BBC Mundo. De inducumentado a neurocirujano. May 28, 2008.
- CBS News. The amazing Dr. Q. May 18, 2007.
- MSNBC. Once a migrant worker, now a brain surgeon. July 23, 2008.
- ABC News. Migrant worker to miracle worker. June 26, 2008.
- Popular Science: 6th Annual Brilliant Ten: Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa.
- Big Think. Expert Ideas: Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa.
- Hopkins Magazine. The Alfredo Story. Winter 2007.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital. Removal of a Tumor Near the Pituitary Gland.
Request an Appointment
To learn more about the Brain Tumor Stem Cell Lab at Johns Hopkins, please call 410-502-8776.
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.