I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Amit Kumar Pahwa, M.D.
Director, Internal Medicine Sub-internship, Johns Hopkins Hospital
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Hindi
Expertise: Hospitalist, Internal Medicine
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street Nelson/Harvey Building, Suite 215 Baltimore, MD 21287
Phone: 410-502-2128 | Fax: 410-502-5815
Dr. Amit K. Pahwa is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include internal medicine and hospital medicine.
Dr. Pahwa serves as the director of the internal medicine sub-internship rotation at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. He is also course director of “Topics in Interdisciplinary Medicine: High-Value Health Care” at the School of Medicine.
He earned his M.D. at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine and he completed his residency at Indiana University Health.
Dr. Pahwa has been recognized by the Institute for Excellence in Education with a Berkheimer Faculty Education Scholar Grant.
- Director, Internal Medicine Sub-internship, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Director Topics in Interdisciplinary Medicine High Value Healthcare
- Associate Director, Pediatric Core Clerkship
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- MD, University of Alabama at Birmingham (2006)
- Indiana University School of Medicine / Medicine and Pediatrics (2010)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2010)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Pahwa AK, Sperati CJ. "Urinary fractional excretion indices in the evaluation of acute kidney injury." J Hosp Med. 2016 Jan;11(1):77-80. doi: 10.1002/jhm.2501. Epub 2015 Dec 22. No abstract available.
Pahwa A, Cayea D, Bertram A, et al. Student perceptions of high-value care education in internal medicine clerkship. J Hosp Med. 2017; 12(2):102-103 (Article)
Iscoe, M., Lord, R., Schulz, J., Lee, D., Cayea, D. and Pahwa, A. (2017), Teaching medical students about cost-effectiveness. Clin Teach. doi:10.1111/tct.12613 (Article)
Activities & Honors
- Berkheimer Faculty Education Scholar Grant Winner, Johns Hopkins Institute for Excellence in Education, 2014
- Early Career Medical Student Educator Award, Clerkship Directors of Internal Medicine, 2017
- Clinical Excellence Award Innovations in Clinical Care, Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2017