I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Sara Condron Keller, M.D., M.P.H., M.S.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Acute or Chronic Viral Hepatitis, Clostridium Difficile, Hepatitis B (HBV), Hepatitis C (HCV), HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, Infectious Diseases, Osteomyelitis, Quality of Care, Surgical Infections, Urinary Tract Infections ...read more
Research Interests: Quality improvement; Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy; Quality of care in patients with HIV; HIV care cascade ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Rockland Physician Practice and Research Group
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2900
10751 Falls Road
Falls Concourse Suite 412
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Dr. Sara Keller graduated from the Duke University School of Medicine in 2007. She completed her Master of Public Health in epidemiology in 2006 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She then completed a residency in Internal Medicine in the Osler Medical Residency Training Program at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in 2010. She then completed a fellowship in Infectious Diseases at the University of Pennsylvania in 2012, and a fellowship in the University of Pennsylvania Centers for Healthcare Improvement and Patient Safety in 2013. She also completed a Master of Science in Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania in 2013.
She is currently a Clinical Associate in Infectious Disease where she primarily sees patients at Johns Hopkins Greenspring Station, and also attends on the inpatient infectious disease consult service at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Her clinical interests are in the long-term management of patients with HIV, hepatitis C, or hepatitis B, the management of outpatients on parenteral antimicrobial therapy, chronic bacterial infections, and general infectious disease
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine (2007)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (2010)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine / Infectious Diseases (2012)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2013)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2010)
Research & Publications
- Keller MD, Chen DF, Condron SA, Liu N, Reinsmoen NL, Buckley RH. The effect of natural killer cell killer Ig-like receptor alloreactivity on the outcome of bone marrow stem cell transplantation for severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID). Journal of Clinical Immunology. 2007;27(1):109-116.
- Follmar KE, Condron SA, Turner II, Nathan JD, Ludwig KA. Treatment of metronidazole-refractory Clostridium difficile enteritis with vancomycin. Surgical Infections. 2008;9(2):195-200.
- Song W, Condron S, Mocca BT, Veit SJ, Hill D, Abbas A, Jerse AE. Local and humoral immune responses against primary and repeat Neisseria gonorrhoeae genital tract infections of 17-beta-estradiol-treated mice. Vaccine. 2008;26(45):5741-5751.
- Keller SC, Silberberg M, Hartmann K, Michener JL. Perceived discrimination and use of healthcare services in a North Carolina population of Latino immigrants. Hispanic Health Care International. 2010;8(1):4-13.
- Keller S, Jones J, Erbelding E. Choice of rapid HIV testing and entrance into care in Baltimore City sexually transmitted diseases clinics. AIDS Patient Care and STDs. 2011;25(4):237-43.
- Keller SC, Linkin DR, Fishman NO, Lautenbach E. Variations in identification of healthcare-associated infections. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2013;34(7):678-86.
- Keller SC, Yehia B, Eberhart M, Brady K. Accuracy of definitions for linkage to care in persons living with HIV. Journal of AIDS. 2013;63(5):622-30.
- Yehia BR, Schranz A, Momplaisir F, Keller SC, Gross R, Frank I, Metlay JP, Brady KA. Outcomes of HIV-infected patients receiving care at multiple clinics. AIDS Behav. 2013 Sep 28 [epub ahead of print].
- Wine-Lee L, Keller SC, Wilck MR, Gluckman S, VanVoorhees A. From the Medical Board of the National Psoriasis Foundation: Vaccination in adult patients on systemic therapy for psoriasis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013;69(6):1003-13.
- Keller SC, Ciuffetelli D, Bilker W, Norris A, Timko D, Rosen A, Myers J, Hines J, Metlay J. The impact of a post-discharge infectious diseases transitions service on the care of patients on outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy. J Pharm Technology. 2013;29(5):205.
- Keller SC, Momplaisir F, Newcomb C, Liu Q, Radcliffe S, Lo Re V, Long J. Colorectal cancer incidence and screening rates in Medicaid patients with and without HIV. AIDS Care. 2013 Nov 5. [epub ahead of print].
Activities & Honors
- Quality and Patient Safety Award, University of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Caring for Communities Award, American Association of Medical Colleges, 2007
- Institutional Comparative Effectiveness Research Mentored Career Development Award (KM1), 2011 - 2013
- ID Week Trainee Travel Award, 2012
- Infectious Diseases Society of America, 2010
- Reviewer, AIDS Patient Care and STDs
- Reviewer, Annals of Internal Medicine
- Reviewer, AIDS and Behavior
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Keller SC, Linkin DR, Fishman NO, Lautenbach E. Variations in identification of healthcare-associated infections. Infectious Diseases News. 2013.