I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Nicholas Michael Dalesio, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Craniofacial Reconstruction, Craniofacial Surgery, Critical Care Medicine, Sleep Apnea
Research Interests: Imaging techniques of the pediatric airway; The effects of anesthesiology and pharmacology on upper airway physiology; Pre-operative predictors of peri-operative respiratory complications in children with sleep-disordered breathing and obstructive sleep apnea ...read more
Howard County Anesthesia Associates
11085 Little Patuxent Parkway Medical Arts Building Suite 004 Columbia, MD 21044
Phone: 410-730-0099 | Fax: 410-964-1345
Dr. Nicholas Michael Dalesio is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine and otolaryngology-head and neck surgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His area of clinical expertise is pediatric anesthesiology.
Dr. Dalesio received his undergraduate degree in cell biology/molecular genetics from the University of Maryland. He earned his medical degree from the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine and completed his anesthesiology residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Dalesio performed a fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia before joining the faculty at Johns Hopkins.
In addition to pediatric anesthesiology, Dr. Dalesio has a special interest in sleep-disordered breathing and obstructive sleep apnea in children, difficult airway management in children and craniofacial reconstructive surgery in children.
He is a member of the Society of Pediatric Anesthesiology, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the American Board of Anesthesiology and the Maryland Society of Anesthesiology.
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine (2006)
- Yale-New Haven Hospital / Anesthesiology (2010)
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia / Pediatric Anesthesiology (2011)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2011)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Pediatric Anesthesiology (2015)
Research & Publications
Dr. Nicholas Michael Dalesio is currently pursuing research projects focused on pre-operative predictors of peri-operative respiratory complications in children with sleep-disordered breathing and obstructive sleep apnea; the effects of anesthesiology and pharmacology on upper airway physiology; and imaging techniques for the pediatric airway.
Clinical Trial KeywordsSleep apnea, obstructive, Tonsillectomy, Obesity, Biomarkers, pharmacological
Predicting Risk Factors in Children with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Undergoing Adenotonsillectomy Surgery
- Fiadjoe JE, Gurnaney H, Dalesio N, Sussman E, Zhao H, Zhang X, Stricker PA. "A prospective randomized equivalence trial of the GlideScope Cobalt® video laryngoscope to traditional direct laryngoscopy in neonates and infants." Anesthesiology. 2012 Mar;116(3):622-8. doi: 10.1097/ALN.0b013e318246ea4d.
- Duane TM, Dechert T, Dalesio N, Wolfe LG, Aboutanos MB, Malhotra AK, Ivatury RR. "Is blood sugar the next lactate?" Am Surg. 2006 Jul;72(7):613-7; discussion 617-8.
- Gaydos CA, Theodore M, Dalesio N, Wood BJ, Quinn TC. "Comparison of three nucleic acid amplification tests for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis in urine specimens." J Clin Microbiol. 2004 Jul;42(7):3041-5.
- Dalesio N, Marsiglia V, Quinn A, Quinn TC, Gaydos CA. "Performance of the MagNA pure LC robot for extraction of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae DNA from urine and swab specimens." J Clin Microbiol. 2004 Jul;42(7):3300-2.
Activities & Honors
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Maryland Society of Anesthesiology
- Society of Pediatric Anesthesiology