I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Kenneth Silverman, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Learning and Health
Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Research Interests: Operant learning interventions to address interrelated problems; Poverty; Unemployment; Drug addition
- Director, Center for Learning and Health
- Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, 1991, Behavioral Pharmacology
Research & Publications
The development and experimental evaluation of operant learning interventions to address the interrelated problems of poverty, unemployment and health
- Silverman K, Chutuape MA, Bigelow GE, Stitzer ML. Voucher-based reinforcement of cocaine abstinence in treatment-resistant methadone patients: effects of reinforcement magnitude. Psychopharmacology. 1999; 146: 128-138.
- Silverman K, Svikis D, Robles E, Stitzer ML, Bigelow GE. A reinforcement-based therapeutic workplace for the treatment of drug abuse: 6-month abstinence outcomes. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2001; 9: 14-23.
- Silverman K, Svikis D, Wong CJ, Hampton J, Stitzer ML, Bigelow GE. A reinforcement-based therapeutic workplace for the treatment of drug abuse: 3-year abstinence outcomes. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2002; 10: 228-240.
- Silverman K, Robles E, Mudric T, Bigelow GE, Stitzer ML. A randomized trial of long-term reinforcement of cocaine abstinence in methadone maintained injection drug users. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2004; 72: 839-854.
- Silverman K. Exploring the limits and utility of operant conditioning in the treatment of drug addiction. The Behavior Analyst. 2004; 27: 209-230.
Contact for Research Inquiries
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Center for Learning and Health
5200 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map