I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Shivani Mayank Patel, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Associate Program Director, Fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Languages: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine
Research Interests: Intraoperative resuscitation in the pediatric operating room
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-6412
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower Baltimore, MD 21287
Dr. Shivani Patel is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include pediatric anesthesiology and critical care.
She is the associate program director for the Johns Hopkins fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology.
Dr. Patel received her medical degree from Topiwala National Medical College in Mumbai, India. She completed residencies in anesthesiology at Seth G.S. Medical College in Mumbai and University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. She performed a fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Patel joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2010.
Dr. Patel’s research interests include improving intraoperative resuscitation in the pediatric operating room.
In August 2014, Dr. Patel was recognized as a “Service Star” by the Johns Hopkins Department of Service Excellence. She is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiology, the Society of Pediatric Anesthesia and the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
- Associate Program Director, Fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Topiwala National Medical College (2000)
- Seth GS Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital / Anesthesiology (2004)
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics - GME / Anesthesiology (2009)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology (2010)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology-General (2010)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Pediatric Anesthesiology (2013)
Research & Publications
Dr. Shivani Patel’s research involves improving intraoperative resuscitation in the pediatric operating room.
Patel S, Kost Byerly S. "Bladder exstrophy – Kiddie caudal with tunnel." Anesthesia Unplugged. Mc Graw Hill Publication, 2012, 247-253.
Patel S. "Review of Genetic Diseases for the Pediatric Anesthesiologist (Chapter 4)." Pediatric Anesthesiology Review Topics, Book 1: Genetics and Development for Pediatric Anesthesiologist. Lockman JL (Ed). Kindle Edition. Naerthwyn Press, 2013.
Activities & Honors
- Recognized as a Service Star, Johns Hopkins Department of Service Excellence, 2014
- Silver Medal for Poster Presentation, Eleventh Annual Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine Research Day, 2009
- Recognition for Excellent Patient Care, 2008
- The Dr. Usha Suresh Wagh Prize, 2004
- The Dr. Moxmadan Nerbheram Desai Prize, 2004
- American Society of Anesthesiology, 2005
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare, 2012
- Society of Pediatric Anesthesia, 2009