I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Roland J. Thorpe, Jr., M.S., Ph.D.
Director, Program for Research on Men's Health, Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions
Joint Appointment in Medicine
Research Interests: Health disparities; Race; SES; Poverty status; Functional decline; Functional status; Lower extremity functioning; Hypertension; Mobility limitation; Older adults; Life course; Men's health disparities across the life course; Men's health ...read more
Dr. Roland J. Thorpe Jr. holds joint appointments in medicine and in neurology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He is an associate professor of health, behavior and society at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He serves as the director of the Program for Research on Men's Health at the Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions.
Dr. Thorpe’s research focuses on racial and socioeconomic health disparities, particularly among U.S. men.
He received his B.S. from Florida A&M University. He earned his M.S. and his Ph.D. from Purdue University.
Dr. Thorpe is a member of the Advisory Committee on Minority Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Director, Program for Research on Men's Health, Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions
- Joint Appointment in Medicine
- Joint Appointment in Neurology
- B.S., Florida A&M University (Florida) (1995)
- M.S., Purdue University (Indiana) (1997)
- Ph.D., Purdue University (Indiana) (2004)
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Courses and Syllabi
Health Disparities Journal Club
Activities & Honors
- Advisory Committee on Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2014