I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Jay Rhee, M.D.
Jay Won Rhee, M.D.
Instructor of Neurological Surgery
Expertise: Neurosurgery, Spine, Spine and Spinal Deformities, Spine Surgery
Dr. Rhee is a spine instructor with the Johns Hopkins Neurosurgical Spine Center. He sees patient at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
- Instructor of Neurological Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine (2008)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Neurological Surgery (2014)
- Pending/Scheduled / Neurological Surgery
Research & Publications
Rhee JW, Sandhu FA, Voyadzis J. Prospective Evaluation of one-year outcomes in minimally invasive lumbar transfacet screw fixation in the lateral decubitus position following lateral interbody fusion. Third World Congress of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Techniques WCMISST, Praia do Forte, Brazil, August 16-18, 2012. (Award for Best E-poster Presentation)
Rhee JW, Anaizi AN, Sandhu FA, Voyadzis J. Minimally invasive resection of lumbar synovial cysts from a contralateral approach. Report of 2 cases. J of Neurosurg Spine. In press.
Rhee JW, Voyadzis J. Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. In: Kim D, Vaccaro A, Dickman, C, eds. Surgical Anatomy and Techniques of the Spine. Elsevier. In press.
Rhee JW, Magge, S. Moyamoya and Surgical Intervention. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 11:179–186, 2011.
Activities & Honors
- Ad hoc reviewer, MRDDRC Center Reviews, 1991
- Director, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 2001
- Editorial Board, Genomics, 1995
- Editorial Board, Journal of Heredity, 1995
- Editorial Board, Mammalian Genome, 1995
- Editorial Board, Genome Research, 1995
- Editorial Board, Cancer Genomics and Proteomics, 1995
- Editorial Board, Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 1995
- Genome Research Review Committee (NHGRI), Developmental Biology Review Group (NICHD), 1991
- NICHD, Developmental Biology Review Committee, 2003
- Science Advisory Boards: National Down Syndrome Society, Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation, 2005