Dr. Flyer has been practicing cardiology since 1997. He specializes in interventional cardiology, the branch of cardiology that uses catheter-based technology to treat heart disorders. Dr.Flyer also practices general cardiology, and has expertise in echocardiography and nuclear cardiology. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at George Washington University School of Medicine, teaching medical students cardiology. In 2008, Dr. Flyer began serving as the Vice Chairman of the American Heart Association Gala Committee.
Dr. Flyer currently has privileges at the following hospitals:
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, Maryland
- Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- The Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C.
- Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Washington County Hospital, Hagerstown, Maryland