I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Kavita Sharma, M.D.
Director, Johns Hopkins Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction Program
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Hindi, Spanish
Expertise: Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, Cardiomyopathy, General Internal Medicine, Heart Failure, Mechanical Circulatory Support, Right Heart Catheterization ...read more
Research Interests: heart failure with preserved ejection fraction
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 443-997-0270
601 N. Caroline St. 7th Floor Baltimore, MD 21287
Kavita Sharma MD, is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in Advanced Heart Failure/Transplant Cardiology in the Division of Cardiology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She is the Director of the Johns Hopkins Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction Program. She sees patients at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, downtown campus. She holds board certifications in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
A cardiologist specializing in advanced heart failure, her clinical interests include advanced heart failure diagnosis and management, heart transplantation, and mechanical circulatory support including left ventricular assist devices. She has a specialized interest in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF), and directs one of the largest programs in the country dedicated to caring for patients with this condition. She is the principal investigator of numerous clinical and translational trials in HFpEF and leads a team of nurses, research coordinators, and fellows-in-training in this multi-faceted program. She is an invited speaker at national meetings in topic areas covering advanced heart failure and HFpEF. Dr. Sharma is a member of the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, the Heart Failure Society of America, and the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation.
- Director, Johns Hopkins Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction Program
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine (2007)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiology (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiology (2014)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2010)
Activities & Honors
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Failure Society of America
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation