I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Lauren Leigh Jantzie, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Research Interests: perinatal brain injury; chorioamnionitis; posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus; pediatric traumatic brain injury; neuroinflammation; cerebral hypoxia-ischemia
Dr. Jantzie, Associate Professor, received her PhD in Neurochemistry from the University of Alberta in 2008. She then completed her postdoctoral fellowship in The Department of Neurology at Boston Children’s Hospital & Harvard Medical School. Dr. Jantzie joined the faculty at JHU in January 2019. Her lab investigates the pathophysiology of encephalopathy of prematurity, and pediatric brain injury common to infants and toddlers. Dr. Jantzie is dedicated to understanding disease processes in the developing brain as a means to identifying new therapeutic strategies and treatment targets for perinatal brain injury. Her lab studies neural substrates of cognition and executive function, inhibitory circuit formation, the role of an abnormal intrauterine environment on brain development, mechanisms of neurorepair and microglial activation and polarization. Using a diverse array of clinically relevant techniques such as MRI, cognitive assessment, and biomarker discovery, combined with traditional molecular and cellular biology, the Jantzie lab is on the front lines of translational pediatric neuroscience.
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Professor of Neurology
- B.Sc., University of Alberta (Canada) (1999)
- Ph.D., University of Alberta (Canada) (2003)
Research & Publications
Contact for Research Inquiries
CMSC Neonatology Research Labs
600 N. Wolfe Street
CMSC Building, 6-104A
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Activities & Honors
- Faculty Research Excellence Award, Top Junior Faculty Award, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 2018
- Faculty Research Award, Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 2018
- Society for Neuroscience, 2004
- American Heart Association, 2008
- Western Society for Pediatric Research (WSPR), 2014
- Society for Pediatric Research (SPR), 2016
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2016