I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Christopher G. Myers, Ph.D.
Joint Appointment in Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Research Interests: Organizational Behavior; Learning & Knowledge Management; Healthcare Organizations; Leadership Development
Dr. Christopher G. Myers holds a joint appointment in anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His research explores questions of learning, development, and innovation in organizations, as well as how people learn vicariously from others’ knowledge and experience in health care organizations and other knowledge-intensive industries. Dr. Myers is an Assistant Professor and Academic Director of Executive Education at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School.
Prior to joining the faculty at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Myers was an Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Harvard Business School. He earned his PhD in management and organizations at the University of Michigan Ross School of Business, and his BS in business administration with highest honors and highest distinction from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina.
- Joint Appointment in Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- B.S., University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill) (North Carolina) (2010)
- Ph.D., University of Michigan (Michigan) (2015)
Research & Publications
In his research, Dr. Myers uncovers and tests the mechanisms by which individuals learn and develop from their own and others’ experiences at work, with a particular emphasis on learning in health care organizations. Though his interest is in individual-level learning, he focuses specifically on how this learning is influenced by interpersonal relationships and interactions in organizations.
Myers CG, Lu-Myers Y, Ghaferi AA. Excising the "Surgeon Ego": Progress Made and Paths Forward for Enhancing the Culture of Surgery. BMJ. Forthcoming.
Myers CG, Sateia HF, Desai SV. Association Between Team Learning Behavior and Reduced Burnout Among Medicine Residents. Journal of General Internal Medicine.2018;33(12).
Myers CG, Kudsi OY, Ghaferi AA. Social Media as a Platform for Surgical Learning. Annals of Surgery. 2018;267(2):233–5.
Lu-Myers Y, Myers CG. Incorporating Interpersonal Skills into Otolaryngology Resident Selection and Training. Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.2018;158(1):21–3.
Myers CG, Pronovost PJ. Making management skills a core component of medical education. Academic Medicine. 2017;92(5):582–4.
Contact for Research Inquiries
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202 map
Activities & Honors
- Dean's Award for Faculty Excellence, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- Visiting Education Overseas Expert, National Healthcare Group, Singapore
- Best Dissertation-Based Paper Award, Academy of Management MOC Division
- Dykstra Fellow for Teaching Excellence, University of Michigan Ross School of Business
- Making Connections Award, Academy of Management OB Division
- Academy of Management
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Core Faculty, Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety & Quality
- Elected Representative-at-Large, Academy of Management MOC Division
- Editorial Board Member, Academy of Management Learning & Education