I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jelani Chinelo Zarif, M.S., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Oncology
The Zarif laboratory studies molecular mechanisms by immune cells within the tumor microenvironment that ultimately promote tumor growth, therapeutic resistance, and metastasis. Our work also focuses on discovering and investigating new biomarkers that may be expressed on myeloid cells that could predict clinical response to standard of care treatments for prostate cancer.
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
Departments / Divisions
- B.S., Jackson State University (Mississippi) (2005)
- M.S., Jackson State University (Mississippi) (2007)
- Ph.D., Michigan State University (Michigan) (2014)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Urology – Cancer Immunology (2017)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Bloomberg~Kimmel Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy (2018)
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Graduate Program Affiliation
Activities & Honors
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Society for Basic Urologic Research (SBUR)