I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Barney Joel Stern, M.D.
Vice-Chair for Strategic Planning, Department of Neurology
Expertise: Neurology, Neurosarcoidosis, Specialist
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Barney J. Stern is a neurologist specializing in vascular neurology and neurological complications of sarcoidosis. His work in vascular neurology has covered all aspects of stroke management, including prevention and acute, subacute and chronic care. Dr. Stern also provides complex care management for patients suffering from neurosarcoidosis.
His research focuses on understanding the biology and clinical outcomes of neurovascular disease and neurological complications associated with sarcoidosis. Dr. Stern has served as the medical safety monitor on a number of National Institutes of Health (NIH) stroke studies.
- Vice-Chair for Strategic Planning, Department of Neurology
- Medical Director, Outpatient Services, Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
Departments / Divisions
- MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry (1974)
- Boston Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1976)
- Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester / Neurology (1979)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1977)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neurology (1980)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Vascular Neurology (2005)