I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Matthew M. Hamill, M.B.Ch.B., M.P.H., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Matthew M Hamill, M.B.Ch.B., M.P.H., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Research Interests: HIV/AIDS; PrEP/PEP; STD
Dr. Matthew Hamill received his medical degree in 1998 (MB ChB, Bristol), trained in internal medicine (MRCP, London) and STD/HIV in London, UK. He spent 3 years as a MRC Clinical Research Fellow and conducted research in Soweto, South Africa under the mentorship of Professors Ann Prentice (Cambridge) and John Pettifor (Johannesburg). Following this he was awarded a Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship to study Public Health in the USA.
He is interested in the spectrum of STD/HIV: prevention, vaccine development, treatment, complications, access and retention in care.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MBChB, Bristol University Medical School (1998)
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital / Internal Medicine (2001)
- University College London Hospital / Infectious Diseases (2002)
- University College London Hospital / Internal Medicine (2002)
- North West Thames Foundation School (2008)
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency Medicine (2014)
- Pending/Scheduled / Infectious Disease
Activities & Honors
- Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship, Harvard University