I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Matthew M. Hamill, M.B.Ch.B., M.P.H., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Matthew M Hamill, M.B.Ch.B., M.P.H., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: HIV/AIDS, HIV/STD Interaction, Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Research Interests: HIV/AIDS; PrEP/PEP; STD, POC technology
Dr. Matthew Hamill is interested in the spectrum of STD/HIV: prevention, vaccine development, treatment, and retention in care. His research focuses on rapid, Point-of-Care diagnostics for sexually transmitted infections (STI) in low income settings.
He provides patient-focused treatment for those with, or at risk of, STI. This encompasses HIV (including Pre Exposure Prophylaxis/PrEP). He is passionate about providing evidence based, compassionate, high quality care.
Dr. Hamill is a UK-trained physician, he received his medical degree in 1998 (MB ChB), trained in internal medicine and STD/HIV in London, UK. He spent 3 years conducting research in Soweto, South Africa. Following this he studied Public Health in the USA (MPH, Harvard).
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MBChB MS, Bristol University Medical School (1998)
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital / Internal Medicine (2001)
- University College London Hospital / Infectious Diseases (2002)
- University College London Hospital / Internal Medicine (2002)
- North West Thames Foundation School / Genitourinary Medicine (2008)
- Pending/Scheduled / Infectious Disease
Activities & Honors
- Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship, Harvard University