I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pia Prakash, M.D.
Expertise: General Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, Primary Care
Dr. Pia Prakash is a Board Certified physician who specializes in both Gastroenterology and Liver Disease. Dr. Prakash received her medical degree from the George Washington University School of Medicine, as well as her Internal Medicine residency and Gastroenterology fellowship. Dr. Prakash has participated in numerous research studies focused on colon cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, women's health, and celiac disease.
At the Gastro Center of Maryland, Dr. Prakash treats a variety of gastrointestinal disorders including acid reflux, Crohn's disease, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, colon cancer, constipation and hemorrhoids along with acute and chronic liver disease. She specializes in the use of the capsule endoscopy, also known as the small bowel pillcam, or PillCam™ SB. She is focused on offering patients personalized treatment goals to meet all of their health care needs.
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine (2010)
- George Washington University School of Medicine - GME / Internal Medicine (2013)
- George Washington University School of Medicine - GME / Gastroenterology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2014)