I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Emily Louise Johnson, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Expertise: Epilepsy, Epilepsy and Pregnancy, Neurology
Research Interests: Status epilepticus, epilepsy in women of childbearing age
Dr. Emily Johnson focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy and seizures. Dr. Johnson has a clinical interest in women of childbearing age with epilepsy. Her research interests include status epilepticus.
Dr. Johnson received her medical degree from Johns Hopkins. She trained in Neurology at Harvard - Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and completed training in Epilepsy at Johns Hopkins. She is board certified in Neurology.
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2010)
- Brigham and Women's Hospital / Neurology (2014)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2016)
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology / Epilepsy (2016)
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology / Neurology-General (2014)
Research & Publications
EEG Characteristics of Successful Burst Suppression for Refractory Status Epilepticus. Johnson EL, Martinez NC, Ritzl EK. Neurocritical Care 2016.
Assessing Bioequivalence of Modified-Release Antiepileptic Drugs. Johnson EL, Chang YT, Davit B, Gidal BE, Krauss GL. Neurology 2016.
Carbamazepine Clearance and Seizure Stability during Pregnancy. Johnson EL, Stowe ZN, Ritchie JC, Newport DJ, Newman ML, Knight B, Pennell PB. Epilepsy and Behavior 2014.
Activities & Honors
- Synergy Award, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2017
- American Epilepsy Foundation
- American Academy of Neurology
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Epilepsy Late in Life, NeuroLogic, Winter 2019