I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Lindsey Renae Hayes, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Expertise: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Neuromuscular Disease, Peripheral Neuropathies
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
Appointment Phone: 410-955-9167
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Hayes specializes in adult neuromuscular disorders including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), peripheral neuropathies, neuromuscular junction disorders, and muscle diseases.
Her research focus is ALS therapy development, with the goal of translating genetic discoveries and basic disease mechanisms into novel therapeutics. She is also interested in ALS biomarkers and understanding the pathophysiologic and therapeutic implications of variability among ALS patients.
Dr. Hayes received her M.D. and Ph.D. from Emory University in Atlanta. She then completed neurology residency and neuromuscular fellowship at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, before joining the neurology faculty in 2016.
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Departments / Divisions
- Neurology - Neuromuscular Medicine
- MD, Emory University School of Medicine (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2015)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neuromuscular Medicine (2016)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neurology (2015)
Research & Publications
Lab Website: Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Research
Activities & Honors
- Clinical Research Fellowship, ALS Association