I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Elizabeth Dell Thompson, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Elizabeth Thompson, M.D., Ph.D, was born and raised in Galveston, Texas, and graduated from the College of William and Mary with a B.S. in biology. She then earned her M.D. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Virginia where her thesis work focused on CD8 T cell responses to melanoma and differences in the tumor immune microenvironment based on tumor location. Dr. Thompson completed her pathology residency at Hopkins and served as chief resident from 2014-2015. Her clinical interests focus on pancreatic pathology, and her research efforts will center on the immune microenvironment of pancreatic tumors and on the development of strategies for immunotherapy in pancreatic cancer. Dr.Thompson joined the Division of Surgical Pathology in July 2016.
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine - Medical Scientist Training Program (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pathology (2016)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic Pathology (2017)