I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Rebecca Lynn Ruebner, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Expertise: Pediatric Nephrology
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Pediatrics
Appointment Phone: 410-955-4427
200 N. Wolfe Street
Rubenstein Child Health Building
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Rebecca Ruebner is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She provides care for children with kidney problems of any type including hypertension, hematuria, proteinuria, kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, dialysis, and kidney transplant.
Dr. Ruebner received her undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of Pennsylvania. She completed her residency at Boston Children’s Hospital where she also served as chief pediatric resident. She completed her fellowship in pediatric nephrology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. During her fellowship, she received a Master's Degree in Clinical Epidemiology from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Ruebner became a faculty member at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in 2012 before joining the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2016.
Dr. Ruebner's research interests include kidney disease in recipients of non-renal solid organ transplants and long-term complications in children with chronic kidney disease.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2005)
- Boston Childrens Hospital / Pediatrics (2009)
- Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia / Pediatric Nephrology (2012)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatric Nephrology (2014)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2008)
Research & Publications
Ruebner RL, Ng D, Mitsnefes M, Foster BJ, Meyers K, Warady B, Furth SL. Cardiovascular disease risk factors and left ventricular hypertrophy in girls and boys with CKD. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 Sep 14.
Ruebner RL, Laney N, Kim JY, Hartung EA, Hooper SR, Radcliffe J, Furth SL. Neurocognitive dysfunction in children, adolescents, and young adults with CKD. American journal of kidney disease. 2016; 67(4):567-75.
Ruebner RL, Reese PP, Denburg MR, Abt PL, Furth SL. End-Stage Kidney Disease After Pediatric Nonrenal Solid Organ Transplantation. Pediatrics. 2013; 132(5): e1319-26.
Ruebner RL, Reese PP, Denburg MR, Rand EB, Abt PL, Furth SL. Risk Factors for End-Stage Kidney Disease after Pediatric Liver Transplantation. American Journal of Transplantation. 2012; 12(12): 3398-405.
Lin KY, Furth SL, Schwartz GJ, Shaddy RE, Ruebner RL. Renal function assessment in child and adolescent heart transplant recipients during routine cardiac catheterization. Pediatric transplantation. 2014; 18(7): 757-63.
Activities & Honors
- Outstanding Women in Medicine Award, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2005
- Pincus Award for Outstaning Clinician, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2005
- Sidney Farber Chief Resident Award, Boston Children's Hospital, 2009
- William Pottash Fellow Teacher of the Year Award, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 2010
- Young Investigator Award, American Transplant Congress, 2012
- Clinical Research Award, Society for Pediatric Research, 2012
- Faculty Honor Roll, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 2014
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology