I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Jonathan Walsh, M.D.
Jonathan Michael Walsh, M.D.
4.8 out of 5
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Expertise: Aerodigestive Disorders, Hearing Loss, Laryngeal Cleft, Otolaryngology (ENT), Pediatric Airway Disorders, Pediatric Airway Reconstruction, Pediatric Chronic Sinonasal Infection and Ear Disease, Pediatric Head and Neck Masses, Pediatric Hearing Loss, Pediatric Neck Masses, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Pediatric Sinus Problems, Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis , Robotic Surgery, Sleep Apnea ...read more
Research Interests: Pediatric Head and Neck Ultrasound; Airway Imaging; Robotic Surgery; Laryngeal Cleft
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
10755 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N Wolfe Street
The Childrens Center, Brady Building, # 320
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Walsh is an assistant professor in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Following residency training, Dr. Walsh served two years active duty as a Major in the U.S. Army at Ft. Gordon. After active duty service, Dr. Walsh completed a fellowship in pediatric otolaryngology at the University of North Carolina. His clinical interests include head and neck masses, vascular malformations, aerodigestive disorders, sinus disease chronic ear disease, hearing loss, ankyloglossia, sleep apnea, laryngeal cleft, as well as the full spectrum of pediatric head and neck disorders. He offers minimally invasive endoscopic ear surgery. His research interests are in novel ultrasound technology applications to head and neck disorders, ankyloglossia (tongue tie) and lip tie, trans-oral robotic surgery, and airway imaging and modeling.
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine (2007)
- University of Rochester Medical Center / Otolaryngology (2012)
- University of North Carolina Hospitals / Pediatric Otolaryngology (2015)
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery / Otolaryngology (2013)
Research & Publications
Walsh J, An L, Mills B, Hah Z, Moalem J, Miller M, Giampoli E, Parker K, Rubens D. "Quantitative Crawling Wave Sonoelastography of Benign and Malignant Thyroid Nodules." Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Aug;147(2):233-238.
Walsh J, Links A, Boss E, Tunkel D. Ankyloglossia and Lingual Frenotomy: National Trends in Inpatient Diagnosis and Management in the United States, 1997-2012. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017: 156(4): 735-740
Walsh J, Tunkel D. "Diagnosis and Treatment of Ankyloglossia in Newborns and Infants: A Review." JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017: 143(10); 1032-1039.
Walsh J, Tunkel D. "Tongue-tie and frenotomy: what evidence do we have and what do we need?" Med J Aust. 2018; 208(2):67-68.
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Graduate Program Affiliation
Associate Residency Program Director - Johns Hopkins Department of Otolaryngology
Activities & Honors
- John D. Norant Research in Otolaryngology Award "Crawling Wave Elastography in Benign and Malignant Thyroid Nodules", URMC Department of Otolaryngology, 2010
- Paul Harrinton Clinical Research Award "Dexamethasone and post-perative adenotonsillar hemorrhage", URMC Department of Otolaryngology, 2009
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, 2015
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Major, United States Army Active Duty 2012-2014, 2012
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
The Tongue Tie Conundrum, Slate (2/6/2018)