I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Pouneh Razavi, M.D.
Director of Breast Imaging, Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital
Expertise: Breast Cancer, Breast Imaging, Diagnostic Radiology
Sibley Memorial Hospital
5255 Loughboro Road NW
Sullivan Breast Center – Imaging, Building D, Floor 4
Washington, DC 20016 map
Johns Hopkins Medical Imaging
6420 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Dr. Pouneh Razavi is the director of community breast imaging. She oversees breast imaging operations at the Sullivan Breast Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital and Johns Hopkins Medical Imaging in Bethesda. She is board certified in diagnostic radiology and practices out of the Sullivan Breast Center in Sibley’s Renaissance building.
Dr. Razavi has expertises in body imaging, diagnostic radiology and cancer, as well as a clinical interest in breast MRI.
Dr. Razavi earned her medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. She completed a residency in radiology at Georgetown University Hospital, followed by a fellowship in breast imaging at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Prior to joining the Sullivan Breast Center in 2008, Dr. Razavi was an attending physician and breast imager at Georgetown University Hospital.
Dr. Razavi is a member of the Medical Advisory Committee for Project WISH (Women Into Staying Healthy), Society of Breast Imaging, Radiological Society of North America, American Roentgen Ray Society and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Razavi earned the 2004 RSNA Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award for her radiological research. She has published articles and presented at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (AFIP) on a radiologic pathology course, at the Prince William Hospital grand rounds on utility of breast MRI and the breast cancer symposium on screening for breast cancer, and at the Sibley Memorial Hospital Breast Health: Knowledge Is Power seminar in 2008 and 2012.
- Director of Breast Imaging, Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital
Departments / Divisions
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (2000)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Diagnostic Radiology (2005)
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center / Breast Imaging (2006)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (2005)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Wood BJ, Razavi P. "Virtual endoscopy: a promising new technology." Am Fam Physician. 2002 Jul 1;66(1):107-12.
Activities & Honors
- RSNA Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award, American Roentgen Ray Society, 2004
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American Medical Association
- Member, Medical Advisory Committee, Project WISH (Women Into Staying Healthy)
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
A Rockville Mother’s Battle with Breast Cancer. Bethesda Magazine (September/October 2016)