I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jed Thomas Wolpaw, M.D., M.Ed.
Residency Program Director
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine
Research Interests: Medical education; Resident well-being; Patient safety; Quality of care; ICU
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Ave
Department of Anesthesiology, A3W
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St.
The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children's Center Building, Suite 6216
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Jed Wolpaw is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include anesthesiology and adult critical care medicine.
Dr. Wolpaw graduated Magna Cum Laude from Brown University and then earned a master's degree in education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and his M.D. from University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine. He completed his residency in anesthesiology at UCSF and his fellowship in critical care medicine at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Dr. Wolpaw's research interests include medical education and resident well-being. He is the founder and host of the Anesthesia and Critical Care Reviews and Commentary podcast (ACCRAC) which has more than 30,000 unique worldwide listeners each month. It is available for free on iTunes or at Accrac.com.
Dr. Wolpaw speaks nationally about well-being, communication, and medical education. At Johns Hopkins he serves as the Anesthesiology Residency Program Director and co-leads the Anesthesiology and ICU medical student clerkships.
- Residency Program Director
- Co-Director, ACCM Clerkship for Medical Students
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- MD, University of California San Francisco (2010)
- University of California San Francisco / Anesthesiology (2014)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Critical Care Medicine (2015)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Critical Care Medicine (2015)