I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Richard J Beckerman, M.D.
Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Expertise: Gynecology, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Obstetrics, Women's Health
Foxhall OBGYN Associates PC
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 202-244-3523
5215 Loughboro Rd NW Ste 500 Washington, DC 20016
Phone: 202-244-3523 | Fax: 202-966-8441
Dr. Richard J. Beckerman is the chairman of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Before this position, he served as the department’s vice chairman for nine years. Dr. Beckerman is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He practices out of Foxhall OB/Gyn Associates, located in Sibley Memorial Hospital's Building A in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Beckerman's general expertise is in obstetrics, with clinical interests in cancer prevention, minimally invasive surgery and general women's health care.
Dr. Beckerman earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin in 1981. He earned his Masters in Physiology at Georgetown University in 1982, where he also earned his medical degree in 1986. Dr. Beckerman completed his internship and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at George Washington University Hospital in 1990.
Dr. Beckerman is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. He was named a Top M.D. by Consumers' Checkbook and Most Compassionate Doctor by the American Registry.
- Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Departments / Divisions
- Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (1986)
- George Washington University Hospital / Obstetrics & Gynecology (1990)
Activities & Honors
- 2015 Clinical Collaboration and Teamwork Award, Johns Hopkins Medicine Clinical Awards for Physicians and Care Teams, 2015
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook
- Most Compassionate Doctor, American Registry
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists