I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ari Daniel Fishman, M.D.
Expertise: Hematology, Medical Oncology
Dr. Ari D. Fishman is a hematologist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital and George Washington University Hospital, where he serves as an assistant professor of medicine for the School of Medicine. Dr. Fishman is board certified in hematology and medical oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He practices out of Maryland Oncology and Hematology, located in Wheaton, Maryland and Silver Spring, Maryland.
Dr. Fishman earned his medical degree from Sackler School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine at the Beth Israel Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in hematology and oncology at the Montefiore Medical Center. Dr. Fishman previously worked at Washington Oncology Hematology Center, located in Washington, D.C. and Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Dr. Fishman has been named a Top Doctor in Hematology and Oncology by Washingtonian Magazine and a Top Doctor by Consumers’ Checkbook magazine.
Dr. Fishman is a member of the American College of Physicians and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Dr. Fishman has contributed to numerous publications.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Sackler School of Medicine (1995)
- Beth Israel Medical Center - North Division / Internal Medicine (1998)
- Montefiore Medical Center / Hematology and Oncology (2001)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Hematology (2002)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Medical Oncology (2001)
Research & Publications
Fishman AD, Hoffman A, Volterra F, Frymus M, Gentilluci M. "Intracaval and intracardiac metastatic nonseminomatous germ cell tumor: a rare cause of hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia." Cancer Invest. 2002;20(7-8):996-1001.
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor in Hematology and Oncology, Washingtonian Magazine, 2005 - 2015
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Clinical Oncology