I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ellen E. Ladenheim, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- Ph.D., Washington State University (Washington) (1989)
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, 1991
Research & Publications
My research interest is in the role of the mammalian bombesin-like peptides in the control of food intake and energy balance. These peptides are found throughout the gastrointestinal tract and brain and reduce food intake in a number of mammalian species, including humans. An understanding of the mechanisms underlying their effects on feeding could lead to novel therapeutic interventions for obesity or eating disorders.
- Ladenheim, E.E., Jensen, R.T., Mantey, S.A. and Moran, T.H. Distinct distributions of two bombesin receptor subtypes in the rat central nervous system. Brain Research 593: 168-178, 1992.
- Ladenheim, E.E., Wirth, K.E. and Moran, T.H. Receptor subtype mediation of feeding suppression by bombesin-like peptides. Pharmacol. Biochem. Behav. 54:504:705-711, 1996.
- Ladenheim, E.E., Moore, K.A., Salorio, C.F., Mantey, S.A., Taylor, J.E., Coy, D.H., Jensen, R.T. and Moran, T.H. Characterization of bombesin binding sites in the rat stomach. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 319:245-251, 1997.
- Ladenheim, E.E., Wohn, A. White, W.O., Schwartz, G.J. and Moran, T.H. Inhibition of gastric emptying by bombesin-like peptides is dependent upon cholecystokinin-A receptor activation. Regulatory Peptides, 84:101-106, 1999.
- Ladenheim, E.E., Hampton, L.L., Whitney, A.C., White, W.O., Battey, J.F. and Moran, T.H. Disruptions in feeding and body weight control in gastrin-releasing peptide receptor deficient mice. J. Endocrinol. 174:273-281, 2002.
- Ladenheim EE, Emond M, Moran, TH: Leptin enhances feeding suppression and neural activation produced by systemically administered bombesin. American Journal of Physiology 2005:289:473-477.
Contact for Research Inquiries
720 Rutland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21205 map