I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Carolyn Kie-lo Wang, D.O.
Medical Director, Sleep Disorders Center, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Neurology, Sleep Disorders, Sleep Medicine
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians - Downtown Bethesda
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 240-235-9120
7315 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda, MD 20814
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians - Sibley Memorial Hospital
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 202-243-4480
5215 Loughboro Road, NW Washington, DC 20016
Carolyn K. Wang, D.O., is the medical director of the Sleep Disorders Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital, an American Academy of Sleep Medicine-Accredited Center; the chief of medical specialty for Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP), where she serves as a neurologist. Dr. Wang is also affiliated with Suburban Hospital and provides electroencephalogram (EEG) services at both Sibley and Suburban. She is board certified in neurology and sleep medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Wang earned her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed an internship in internal medicine through the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine program at Sinai Hospital, followed by a residency in neurology and a fellowship in sleep medicine at George Washington University Hospital. Dr. Wang previously served as the chair for the Section of Neurology at Suburban Hospital, as well as the medical director of Suburban's Sleep Disorders Center.
Dr. Wang is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. She is also a member of the JHCP Credentialing Committee and Practice Standards, as well as the Johns Hopkins Medicine Sleep Services Steering Committee.
Dr. Wang has been named a Top Doctor in Neurology by Washingtonian Magazine.
Dr. Wang has contributed to numerous publications and presentations on sleep medicine topics.
- Medical Director, Sleep Disorders Center, Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Chief of Medical Specialty, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- DO, New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (2005)
- The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences / Neurology (2009)
- The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences / Sleep Medicine (2010)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Neurology (2009)
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology / Sleep Medicine (2013)
Research & Publications
Burakgazi A, Wang C, Burger K. "A Patient with Subacute Onset of Ophthalmoplegia, Papilledema, and Proptosis." Reviews in Neurological Diseases. 2008; 5(4): 213-214.
Wang C, Cymet T. "Essentials of the Musculoskeletal Exam Part I: Evaluating the Muscle." Clinical Geriatrics. November 2005; 13:16- 24.
Wang C, Cymet T. "Essentials of the Musculoskeletal Exam Part II: Evaluating the Nervous System." Clinical Geriatrics. December 2005; 13:17-22.
Acuna BD, Wang CK, Sanes JN, Donoghue JP. "Transitive inference mechanisms and the involvement of prefrontal cortex." Society of Neuroscience Abstract. 1998:24:1178
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor in Neurology, Washingtonian Magazine
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine