I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Nikhil Bhagat, M.D.
Expertise: Claudication, Intermittent Claudication, Interventional Radiology, Lower Extremity Angioplasty, Lower Extremity Stenting, Stenting, Varicocele, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Visceral Angioplasty, Visceral Stenting ...read more
Request an Appointment
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Dr. Bhagat is an interventional radiologist serving as the director of Vascular and Interventional Radiology of the National Capital Region. His primary areas of clinical expertise are interventional oncology (chemoembolization, radioembolization, and ablation), women's interventions, and vascular interventions (venous and arterial). Dr. Bhagat sees patients at both Suburban Hospital and Sibley Memorial Hospital.
His research interests include interventional oncology, especially device development and software assistance for complex procedures.
Dr. Bhagat successfully completed his Vascular and Interventional Radiology fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco in 2009. He joined the staff as an Assistant Professor of Radiology and Surgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. While there, he authored more than 5 book chapters and 20 peer-reviewed manuscripts as well as giving many lectures at national and international meetings. In his second year at Johns Hopkins, he received a NIH R01 grant.
Departments / Divisions
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Radiology at Suburban Hospital
- Radiology and Radiological Science
- MD, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School (2003)
- University Hospital/Rutgers / Diagnostic Radiology (2008)
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine / Vascular and Interventional Radiology (2009)
- American Board of Radiology / Vascular & Interventional Radiology (2010)