I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Leslie Rachel Miller, M.D.
Director, Mood Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults Program
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adolescent Health, Adolescent Medicine, Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Child Development and Behavioral Health, Child Psychiatry, Depression, Mood Disorders, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychotherapy, Trauma ...read more
Research Interests: Combining psychosocial and pharmacologic interventions to optimize treatment; Treatments for youth with significant mood lability, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder.; Mood disorders, with particular focus on adolescents and young adults.; Mood disorders; Interpersonal Psychotherapy ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0018
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5104
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Leslie Miller is an Assistant Professor in the department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and board-certified in adult and child and adolescent psychiatry. She is the director and developer of the Mood Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults Program (MAP). This program provides a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment combining evidence-based pharmacologic and psychotherapeutic interventions. Her commitment to clinical excellence was recognized by the institution in receiving the inaugural Dean's Clinical Excellence Award for Excellence in Service and Professionalism. She recently completed an NIH K23 career development award which focused on the development of an adaptation of interpersonal psychotherapy for youth with a newly defined mood disorder, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder.
- Director, Mood Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults Program
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University (2001)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center / Psychiatry (2004)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2008)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Child And Adolescent Psychiatry (2007)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Psychiatry (2006)
Research & Publications
Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Youth with Severe Mood Dysregulation
Clinical Trial Keywordsinterpersonal psychotherapy, severe mood dysregulation, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, chronic irritability, outbursts
Miller, L. & Barnett, S. Mood lability and bipolar disorder in children and adolescents. International Review of Psychiatry. 2008; 20 (2): 171-6.
Miller, L. & Riddle, M. Venlafaxine extended-release in pediatric depression and anxiety. Pediatric Health. 2008; 2 (3): 279-288.
Activities & Honors
- Dean’s Clinical Excellence Award for Excellence in Service and Professionalism, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 2015
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- International Society of Interpersonal Psychotherapy
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
- Coping with Childhood Depression, U.S. News and World Report (July 8, 2015)
- When Adolescent Angst Signals Depression, Brainwise (May 16, 2016)
- More US Teens May be Facing Depression: Here's Why, Live Science (August 10, 2016)
- The Rise of Teen Depression, Johns Hopkins Health Review (Fall/Winter 2017)
- MAP, Johns Hopkins Bayview Health and Wellness News (October 10, 2017)