I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Rick S Ostrander, E.D.D., Ed.D.
Director, Pediatric Medical Psychology
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Anxiety Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Child Development and Behavioral Health, Depression, Mood Disorders, Pediatric Medical Psychology, Psychologist, Psychotherapy ...read more
Research Interests: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and the relationship to depression and anxiety
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-614-6339
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Ostrander is currently the Director of Pediatric Medical Psychology and an Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions in Baltimore Maryland. Dr. Ostrander has also directed the psychological assessment services within the Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Minnesota Hospital and was also Chief of Child Psychology at Georgetown University Medical Center. He has also served as a Congressional Science Fellow and worked on federal legislation involving special education reform and mental health parity. His research interests include ADHD and how it relates to other childhood disorders, including depression and anxiety.
- Director, Pediatric Medical Psychology
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Centers & Institutes
Research & Publications
- Ostrander, R., Crystal, D. & August, G.J. (2007) Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder, depression, and self- and other-assessments of social competence: A developmental study. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 34, 774-786.
- Herman, K.C., Ostrander, R., Walkup, J.T., Silva, S.G., & March, J.S. (2007) Empirically-Derived Subtypes of Adolescent Depression: Latent Profile Analysis of Co-Occurring Symptoms in the Treatment for Adolescents with Depression Study (TADS), Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 75, 716-728.
- Ostrander, R., Sikorski, J. & Mascendero, P. (2007). ADHD and Comorbid Depression, Advances in ADHD, 2, 54-59.
- Reinke, W. M. & Ostrander, R. (2008) Heterotyic and Homotypic Continuity: The Moderating Effects of Age and Gender. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 36, 1109-1121.
- Ostrander, R., Herman, K., Sikorski, J., Mascendaro, P., & Lambert, S. (2008) Patterns of Psychopathology in Children with ADHD: A Latent Profile Analysis. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 37, 833-847.