I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Rachel B. Levine, M.D., M.P.H.
Rachel Beth Levine, M.D., M.P.H.
Associate Dean for Faculty Educational Development
Associate Professor of Medicine
Expertise: General Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
Research Interests: Medical education, Advising and mentoring; Communication and clinical skills training; Faculty development; and Women in medicine. ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-3350
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Rachel Levine is associate professor of medicine in the Department of Medicine. She completed her undergraduate and medical school degrees at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada followed by residency training in Internal Medicine at the Boston University Medical Center. She then completed fellowship in General Internal Medicine at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine with a focus on medical education.
Dr. Levine’s areas of expertise include adult learning and faculty development in teaching skills. She has vast experience designing and facilitating programs (online and live) aimed at promoting the development of scholarly educators and leaders in medical education. She currently co-directs the Longitudinal Teaching Skills Course of the Johns Hopkins Faculty Development Program (now in its 31st year) and the Johns Hopkins Summer Teaching Camp in partnership with the Institute for Excellence in Education. Dr. Levine is also co-director of the Medical Education Track of the General Internal Medicine Fellowship Program and core faculty in the Colleges Advisory Program (CAP) where she teaches and coaches medical students. Dr. Levine has presented workshops (locally, nationally and internationally) on teaching skills and other faculty development topics including career advancement and promotion for educators in the biomedical sciences. She is passionate about enhancing faculty teaching skills and promoting the academic success of educators.
- Associate Dean for Faculty Educational Development
- Associate Vice Chair for Women's Academic Careers, Department of Medicine
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- McGill University School of Medicine (1997)
- Boston University School of Medicine (2000)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2004)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2000)
Research & Publications
Dr. Levine's research interests include medical education, advising and mentoring, communication and clinical skills training, faculty development and women in medicine.
Activities & Honors
- Mary O’Flaherty Horn Scholar in General Internal Medicine, Society of General Internal Medicine, 2007 - 2010
- Clinician Educator Award, Mid-Atlantic Society of General Internal Medicine, 2010
- Joan F. Giambalvo Scholarship Award, Fund for the Advancement of Women in Medicine, American Medical Association, 2010
- Educational Scholarship Award, Institute for Excellence in Education, 2015
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 2015
- Johns Hopkins Diversity Leadership Council Diversity Recognition Award, Johns Hopkins University, 2016
- Society of General Internal Medicine