I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jamie McElrath Schwartz, M.D.
Director, Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Expertise: Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Jamie Schwartz is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is critical care medicine. Dr. Schwartz serves as the director of Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiology and the medical director of the Pediatric Transport Team.
She graduated from Thomas Jefferson University Medical School and completed a residency in general pediatrics at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. She completed dual training in pediatric critical care medicine and anesthesiology at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Schwartz is recognized as a leader in the delivery of pediatric critical care and cardiac anesthesiology services. She is also passionate about education, clinical research, and quality and safety.
- Director, Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Medical Director, Pediatric Transport Team, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- MD, Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University (1994)
- St Christopher's Hospital for Children / Pediatrics (1998)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology (2004)
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia / Pediatric Critical Care Medicine (2001)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatric Anesthesiology (2005)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2005)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Pediatric Anesthesiology (2013)
Research & Publications
Brunetti MA, Jennings JM, Easley RB, Bembea M, Brown A, Heitmiller E, Schwartz JM, Brady KM, Vricella LA, Everett AD. "Glial fibrillary acidic protein in children with congenital heart disease undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass." Cardiol Young. 2014 Aug;24(4):623-631
Schwartz JM, Nelson KL, Saliski M, Hunt EA, Pronovost PJ. "The daily goals communication sheet: a simple and novel tool for improved communication and care." Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2008 Oct; 34(10): 608–13, 561