I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pat Carroll, M.D.
Christopher Patrick Carroll, M.D.
Director of Psychiatric Services, Sickle Cell Center for Adults
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Addiction Psychiatry Services, Adult Psychiatry, Opoid Pharmacology, Pain Management, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Sickle Cell Disease ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-6792
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Director of Psychiatric Services, Sickle Cell Center for Adults
- Service Line Director, Intensive Treatment Unit
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis (1999)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (2003)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Behavioral Pharmacology (2004)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Psychiatry (2004)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Carroll CP, Haywood C Jr, Fagan P, Lanzkron S. The course and correlates of high hospital utilization in sickle cell disease: Evidence from a large, urban Medicaid managed care organization. Am J Hematol. 2009 Oct;84(10):666-70
Carroll PC, Haywood C Jr, Hoot MR, Lanzkron S. A preliminary study of psychiatric, familial, and medical characteristics of high-utilizing sickle cell disease patients. Clin Jb Pain. 2013 Apr;29(4):317-23
Carroll CP, Haywood C Jr, Lanzkron S. Prediction of onset and course of high hospital utilization in sickle cell disease. J Hosp Med. 2011 May;6(5):248-55
Carroll CP, Triplett PT, Mondimore FM. The Intensive Treatment Unit: A brief inpatient detoxification facility demonstrating good postdetoxification treatment entry. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2009 Sep;37(2):111-9.