I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Darius Anthony Rastegar, M.D.
Medical Director, Inpatient Chemical Dependence Unit, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Farsi, Persian
Expertise: General Internal Medicine, Hepatitis C (HCV), HIV/AIDS, Substance Use Disorders
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-550-2999
5200 Eastern Avenue Mason Lord Building, East Tower, 2nd Floor Baltimore, MD 21224
Phone: 410-550-2999 | Fax: 410-367-2442
Dr. Darius Rastegar is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include hepatitis C virus infection (HCV), HIV/AIDS, internal medicine and substance abuse.
He serves as medical director of the Inpatient Chemical Dependence Unit at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Dr. Rastegar earned his M.D. from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He completed his residency at Johns Hopkins.
- Medical Director, Inpatient Chemical Dependence Unit, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Program Director, Addiction Medicine Fellowship
- Associate Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (1991)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Internal Medicine (1994)
- American Board of Preventive Medicine / Addiction Medicine (2018)
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
- “The Drug Suboxone Could Combat the Heroin Epidemic. So Why Is It So Hard to Get?,” The Washington Post, Jan. 13, 2015
- “5 Ways to Help Heroin Addicts,” The Washington Post, April 23, 2014